Blog Series — Aftercare
Welcome back to our blog series! Last blog post we talked about what to expect during your appointment with Nicole. If you haven’t seen it, check it out here! Today we’ll walk you through what happens AFTER you get your eyebrows microbladed with Nicole so you know what to expect when it’s your turn.
Remember: Your brows will look darker than you want them to be.
The brows will go through a healing process and then the color will lighten up to the correct color that was discussed during the consultation and appointment. Don’t freak out! The images above show how your eyebrows may potentially look before and after the healing process.
Nicole will discuss the aftercare process with you after the microblading appointment. An aftercare instruction sheet will be provided. This is a crucial step to ensuring that your brows heal perfectly and that the finished brows have the best possible results. It is essential that you faithfully adhere to the post-procedure instructions. Nicole will provide some supplies to assist you with the aftercare process.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR AFTERCARE
- Use a fresh pillowcase.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after your procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid swimming, lakes and hot tubs for the first 10 days.
- Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area.
If you have any questions or concerns during the healing and aftercare process, please do not hesitate to call Nicole!